Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fresh paint, bright outlook

Some of the painting of the first floor has begun as well as a bit of tile work in the master bath.  Here are a few of the new changes:
On the left is the new white that all of the trim is being painted.  On the Right is the old cream color.  The white is really a bright, crisp and clean and I love how much newer the house looks with it.  We are using Sherwin Williams untinted.  There were so many whites to choose from, but I knew I wanted the whitest and most crisp, so I asked to have no tint added.  So far, I love it. 
This is the master bedroom.  When I walked in and saw this, I have to say that I got pretty nervous.  The blue is so bold and seeing it on the ceiling was a little bit scary.
When I saw the completed room, I was very happy.  Imagining how it will look with our furniture makes me even more excited.  This color is Sherwin Williams Soar (SW 6799).  The blue against the white really makes the crown pop. 
So, a blue ceiling, would you love it or hate it in your space?
Had to include a pict of my helpers.  They just LOVE tape measures!


This room is technically the office, but it will be our playroom while the boys are still little.  The paint is Sherwin William Ice Cube (SW 6252).  (The fellas are checking out the view, which is wonderful from this room.  I am thinking about not putting the blinds back up.)
Same room, different view.  I love the soft hint of blue/gray in the color.

*********

Master Bath
The tile work in the master bath has begun.
This is the master shower.  On the left you see cinder blocks.  That is the beginning of what will be a shower seat.  On the walls, we chose a 12x24 Olympia Tropical Grass in True White.  The tile is rectified so it could be placed with a small joint.  I believe this is 1/16.  We are placing it at 50% (subway layout).



A bit closer. 

 (Sorry for the dark circular shadow on all my photos.  I tried to clean the lens on my phone, but it won't come off.)

No comments:

Post a Comment