Thursday, January 16, 2014

Master Bath Completion

Hello again!  Life was a little too busy for blogging the past few weeks, but I am going to make more of an effort from now on.  We had a house full of family over the holidays and the Littles (2 and 4 years old) certainly had a magical Christmas!  

Back to the house though (I know that is why you are here anyhow.)  We have been fanatically trying to decorate the house with what little we have in our possession.  Most of our home decor and a bit of our furniture are still at our old house for staging, as it is still for sale.  Fingers crossed that someone will make an offer soon and we can get our things back!  

One area that is completely finished is that master bath.  Just to remind you, here are the before photos:

Shower
Bath

His vanity
Her vanity

It was all very gold (gold faucets, knobs, shower heads, even gold flecks in the countertops) and had a very "old world" feel.  Our tastes are a bit different and I couldn't see myself ever getting comfortable with the bathroom the way it was.  We decided to give it a bit of a facelift to make it more our style since we plan on living here for some time.  And, without any further ado…here are the final photos!




My heart stopped for a moment the first time I ever saw a freestanding tub like this.  I loved the look.  It felt so sleek and interesting to the eye.  I never imagined us doing a huge home renovation like this, so it wasn't really on my radar for a long time.  When the idea of buying this home and renovating it came up, I really had my heart set on a freestanding tub.  Luckily, I found this little gem on HomeDepot.com.  I love the way it looks and I finally took my first bath in it the other night and it didn't disappoint.  The Littles can't wait to splash in there and the tiny space behind it makes the perfect hide and seek spot for them.
Hunter Douglas Plantation Shutters
Olympia Tropical Grass True White 12x24 Tile

I love the shiny chrome tub filler and the hand shower is so useful.



This shower was one of the most annoying parts of the renovation, but in the end, it looks good.  We did a frameless glass shower wall.  Because of the glass shower wall, we decided to also add a door between the bathroom and bedroom since our children do not have any understanding of privacy.  I don't remember the name of the blue mosaic band, but all the other details are below.
Moen Voss Collection Shower Head
Stone Mosaics Shaved Pebble Floor
Olympia Tropical Grass True White 12x24 Tile










"Her" Vanity
The sitting area is so great for getting ready in the mornings and I love how easy to care for the quartz countertops are.  The cabinet tower is great because all the things that used to be on my countertop are now stored inside for a nice clutter-free look.

Custom cabinetry and mirrors
Found this chair at Marshall's.  I love how the nail heads tie in with all the chrome.
"His" Vanity

1 comment:

  1. I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!.
    Kitchen Faucets

    ReplyDelete