Thursday, August 29, 2013

Decisions, decisions.





There are so many decisions to be made for the home.  I wanted to share a few of my "inspiration" photos and then some of the choices we are going with.  If you aren't familiar with Houzz.com, it is an amazing site for finding decorating ideas, but BEWARE, you will want to change everything in your home.  :-)


I love these white Shaker cabinets.  They look so clean and light.

I love grays and these mixes of patterns make me drool.  I don't think I could pull a look like this together on my own, but I am inspired by the grays, crisp whites, wood, and patterns.



And now, on to some of our choices...




































We like gray colors, but as I mentioned in a previous post, the house has a bit of a dark feel in some areas due to the window tint that the previous owners had installed.  We looked for pale grays with cool undertones.  This was my husband's favorite, shown on the left in sun and on the right in shade.  It picks up different tones depending on the light.  We placed a few tiles in front of it and they look nice together.  The trim will be painted with a bright, crisp white.  This look will run through all the main areas of the house.
We chose this linen look tile for the master bath floor and shower.  The mosaic band will run across the shower and the pebble will be on the shower floor.  Expect to see lots of crisp whites and chrome fixtures.


We will be recovering some ornate round columns with the squared column on the left.

We absolutely love the look of marble, but we don't have the guts to put it throughout the kitchen.  We settled on a carerra marble for the island and this Caesarstone Pebble quartz for the perimeter.  Quartz will give us a durable work space and the marble with give us the soft, natural look that we love.

Here is a side by side photo of our floor, wall color, perimeter counter material, and island counter material.  Yup, it's pretty gray, but I am hoping to add color with our decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment